1. Season your pan before you use it [see my previous posts].
2. Don’t let your cast-iron pan sit in water, ever.
3. After cooking, let the pan cool just enough for handling then wipe out with a cloth or paper towel.
4. If there are still bits sticking, use a non abrasive scrubber with a little hot water.
5. Wipe dry.
6. Re-oil using a tiny amount of any food grade oil.
Tip: I like Spaghetti Scrubbers, but my sister mails them from San Francisco and I’m not sure she’ll do that for you 🙂
Tip: Unlike Teflon or Enamel Coated surfaces, Cast Iron is naturally bumpy. Get to know the difference between food and the natural surface.